Release of Information
Connections may release users’ information when it is deemed necessary to comply with the law, enforce site policies, or protect our rights, property, or safety.
What information do we collect?
We collect various types of information from you when you use our Services, including:
- Contact information, such as your name, phone number, postal and email addresses (both hashed and unhashed)
- Billing and payment information, including your bank account details, credit card number, cardholder name, expiration date, authentication code, and billing address
- Documentation to support your travel and planning, such as identity verification documents (if you choose to provide them)
- Username and password for your account
- Photos, reviews, social media posts, and videos that you may have provided to us
- Geolocation information
- Device information, such as when you accessed our Services, IP address, preferred languages, unique Device identifiers, and advertising identifiers
- Online activity, including pages you have visited, content reviewed, and apps reviewed
- Purchasing and booking history
- Information about your travel plans and preferences
- Communication when you contact our customer service team, including inbound and outbound calls
- Information that you have provided to third-party companies to log into social media platforms. This includes publicly available information, such as name, age range, and email addresses.
We collect this information in order to provide you with the best possible experience when using our Services, as well as to improve and customize our offerings. We may use this information to:
- Register and manage your account, including to allow you access to and use of our Services
- Facilitate your bookings and process payments or credits
- Make promotional offers to you that may include competitions, gift cards, rewards, cashback, and discounts
- Use your information for analytical purposes and to enable us to improve our Services
- Provide you with a tailored/optimized experience by grouping users based on, for example, usage, interests, and demographics
- Send you survey or market research invitations
- Notify you about special offers, prize draws, competitions, and Services available from us, our affiliates, or our partners that may be of interest to you
- Tailor your experience, including by making inferences about your interests and preferences based on your activity, and customize the ads shown to you both on and off our website
- Communicate with you or facilitate communication between you, our partners, and/or affiliates
- Host your reviews, ratings, photos, videos and other content
- Respond to your questions and comments
- Resolve disputes or troubleshoot problems
- Prevent fraud and other potentially prohibited or unlawful activities
- Comply with relevant laws, respond to legal requests, prevent harm, and protect our rights and the rights of other users and third parties
- Provide payment services, including to detect and prevent money laundering, fraud and security incidents, to comply with legal obligations, and to enforce payments terms of service.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- When you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
How do we use your information?
At Connections, we strive to provide you with a personalized experience when you use our Services. We use your information in various ways to achieve this, including but not limited to:
Registration and other contracts
We use your information to register and manage your account, which allows you to access and use our Services. We also use it to facilitate your bookings and process payments or credits. From time to time, we may make promotional offers to you that may include competitions, gift cards, rewards, cash back, and discounts.
Improving our Services
We use your information for analytical purposes to enable us to improve our Services. This includes grouping users based on usage, interests, and demographics, which allows us to provide you with a tailored/optimized experience. We may also send you survey or market research invitations to better understand your needs and preferences.
Individualization and customization
We want to make sure that you are aware of special offers, prize draws, competitions, and Services that may be of interest to you. Therefore, we may notify you about these offerings from us, our affiliates, or our partners. Additionally, we may use your activity on our Services to make inferences about your interests and preferences, and customize the ads shown to you both on and off our website.
At Connections, we may communicate with you or facilitate communication between you, our partners, and/or affiliates in order to ensure that you are able to fully utilize our Services. We may also conduct, monitor, and record your calls or interactions with us, including your communications with our customer service or sales teams. We may also use pixels and similar technologies to monitor how you interact with our emails to you, such as whether you open or click on content in our emails.
We may also host your reviews, ratings, photos, videos, and other content in order to provide a more comprehensive and personalized experience. This content may be used to customize your experience, including customizing the ads shown to you on and off our website.
Please note that you have the right to opt out of receiving marketing communications from us at any time by following the instructions provided in the communication. However, even if you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional messages related to your account or use of our Services.
How do we protect your information?
We take reasonable precautions to protect your personal information and follow industry best practices to ensure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. For example, we protect your information’s security during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you share with the Site.
Do we share your information?
We may share your personal information with third parties to help us use your personal information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store–you can read more about how Shopify uses your personal information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site — you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Finally, we may also share your personal information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or another lawful request for information we receive, or to protect our rights otherwise.
We may use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may interest you. For more information about targeted advertising, visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Digital Advertising Alliance opt-out portal: http://optout.aboutads.info/
Please note that opting out of targeted advertising does not mean that you will no longer see advertisements from us or third-party advertisers, but it means that the ads you see may not be as relevant to your interests.
Additionally, we may still use your information to provide relevant information or marketing communications that interest you, such as newsletters, promotions, or updates about our products and services. If you do not want to receive these communications, you can unsubscribe by following the instructions provided in each communication.
Do Not Track
We do not currently respond to “Do Not Track” signals from web browsers. However, you can manage your preferences regarding the collection and use of certain information by adjusting the settings on your browser or device.
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us using the contact information provided below.
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, including to provide you with services, to comply with legal obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce agreements.
Links to Other Websites
Our website is not intended for individuals under the age of 21. We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of 21. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from a child under the age of 21 without parental consent, we will take steps to delete that information as soon as possible.